Sunday, February 22, 2009

Exercise 9: Andrea's Receipt #5

It’s my little sister’s 12th birthday party, and I’m in charge of getting snacks. I need to satisfy 30 little teens with the greatest snack bar of life. So my mom gave me $100 to spend on junk food. Nice. It’s time to go crazy, my shopping spree for sugar and drinks starts now. I’m standing in the grocery store staring down at the 20 metre aisle dedicated to all the junk food in the world. This is like a game, uhhhh, what do kids go insane for these days? Well, I think chocolate is a safe bet. Wait. Holy jeeze. De Mer Chocolates? Hazelnut dark and milk chocolates? Chocolate bananas, chocolate raisins? Schogetten chocolate and Ritten Sport mini bars? Oh dear, I’ll just get a couple of each and let them decide. Ahhhh! After Eight’s! I’ll get two for myself. OK. The next section has biscuits and crackers. Those seem healthy enough, I’ll get a couple of Brinky Biscuits, assorted biscuits and syrup biscuits. Caramel! I’ll grab some caramel biscuits, bars and candy for myself again, no one has to know. What’s an almond paste cake? Sounds interesting enough, kids should try new things and not be picky eaters. I’ll get some healthy fruit yogurt for them as well. Now, for the beverages. OK this IS a birthday party and I’ll need something unhealthy and yummy as well. Coke should get the kids hyped up for the party. And OJ, apple, peach and pineapple juice sounds good. My favourite is peach, so I’ll get more of that! So I’m hoping this is all comes out to less than $100. Well it should, because chocolate and juice shouldn’t be too, too expensive. The cashier is taking a billion years to ring in everything and as I wait, I’m staring at the receipt that’s slowly shifting out of the machine. Beep, shift, beep, shift, it’s massive! But fortunately the total was only $76,26! Still, it was almost $80, and only for snacks for a birthday party! My parents are going to freak! BUT WAIT! They gave me $100 *smiles* I should be fine. Party time.


No comments:

Post a Comment