Thursday, February 19, 2009

Exercise 9, Andrea Rodriguez

Narrative 1: Visual

Narrative 2


A novel's fragment:

“Oh well, there is nothing good about being your own house’s handy man.” He said looking at her like she was some kind of stranger.

“I guess this is the job you took when you marry me,” she answered, “a writer does not have idea of how to properly assemble a bookcase. But I bet her husband does.” She said ironically.

They walk through the supermarket. She was looking for the bust that keeps her senses up and alert to brilliant ideas: instant Coffee. He was trying to find the tools to prove her wrong.

Once he realized he had got nothing but a hand saw, he looked at her. “So I guessed it won’t be a bookcase until next week, when I get real tools.”

She laughed. “Do you mind bringing me creamer for my coffee while I get the bread?”

“As a matter of fact I do mind, that bread last week was awful. Why don’t we get something different that that bread?”

“Cookies? Tea biscuits? French baguette?” she asked wondering about.

“Tea biscuits sound great”

Once they got everything they needed, they moved to the register.

“A total of 7.22” said the cashier smiling at the two.

“These are on me” he said.

“Are you sure?” she asked with a laugh she couldn’t hide.

“Of course I am,” he answered looking through his pockets.

“I think that in order to pay, you will need your wallet, which at this moment is on top of the night table laughing at you.” she murmured.

“Do you mind?”

“No, I don’t” she looked at him and smiled. Then she looked at the cashier “I will be paying interact, thanks.”

Once they got out of the supermarket, they sat on the car and review the shopping. Her red label, ready to make, coffee, the tea biscuits, the creamer, and of course the hand saw.

He was unable to build a bookcase, but he was able to make her laugh, and that is what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment