Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Annika's Reciept


Narrative 1
Cell Phone Grocery Shopping
"There is no way I will be making a gourmet breakfast for everyone tomorrow so you can forget eggs. It'll be frozen waffles, like it or leave it..I need grenadine syrup..GRENADINE! That red stuff in shirley temples..I need it for my tequila sunrises I told you that weeks ago Harold...I made a list what did you do with it?...Ughh, Well you already have most of it I think but make sure you DO NOT forget the mayo, LEMON ice tea, apple juice, cream cheese, rubber bands and nail polish remover for that stain on the bathroom counter...I hope you're writing this down harold because the guests will be here in two hours and there won't be time to go back to the store between now and then....its hard to calm down when I'm waiting for my ingredients and people are going to be here in two hours!..alright I'm sorry..two hours harold..okay bye"
Narrative 2
First Time Grocery Shopping on My Own
As I walked into the supermarket near my new apartment for the first time, I felt secure that my mom's healthy food choices would guide me to make the right selections.
Vegetables, because there is no way in hell that I'm putting on that freshman fifteen. Cucumbers are great for puffy eyes..oh and they're healthy..I can't remember what radishes taste like, oh well they're a pretty colour. Okay I'm going to need cream cheese so I can make a cucumber sandwich..oooh brie cheese...aand smoked cheese :)...I might as well get them all, cheese is loaded with protein. Oh they have Naturis Yoghurt, mom will be so proud of me. Mmm chocolate milk..apple juice, ice tea. Yup my thirst will be quenched for a few days. Okay real food..here we go, salami snacks..I'll need some mayo to go with this..and pickles...helloooo waffles! Perfect breakfast meal..oh and they're assorted, beautiful. Oh salted crackers for my cheese, lovely. K, I still need shampoo and nail polish remover cause I forgot them at ho-HOLD UP, rubber boots for $4.98?! I think so!
First Grocery Trip Equals = Success

No comments:

Post a Comment