Saturday, January 31, 2009

Excercise 4 - Love and Hate

Love

I am in great debt to my jet lighter torch. With its torch-like efficiency to light up and burn (whether it be a cigarette, or anything you want to set on fire) makes this lighter the best to use anywhere. With its metal encasing the weight of the lighter is light enough to carry but with enough weight to give it some value. Its flip over cap protects the torch from elements such as wind while its burning. To activate the torch, a convenient open trigger must be pressed down which in my opinion is much more effective than the flicking action of a regular lighter. The torch aspect of the jet lighter is one of the major selling points of this tool because of its resistant to moderate wind and in addition the torch can be pointed at any direction without going out, unlike regular lighters where the flame would only direct itself upwards.

Aesthetically, it is one beautiful piece altogether. The red glow that emits from holding the trigger and the blue glow to indicate how much butane fuel is left is all part of its inuitive design. Overall, I'm impressed with the whole concept and its elegant design.








Hate

I am not too fond with my 15 watt Fender amp I have purchased about four years back. It was a really great amp for the first couple of years but it turned for the worst as it endured a lot of hits, excruciating amounts of effects blasting on a tiny amp, and the fact that it was used when I purchased it was already a time bomb waiting to explode. Though my amp has not exploded just yet, my main concern was the gain and distortion on this thing. The sound is not as rich as it was and no reverb can help this out, it just sounds like a dying bee with a nasal problem (if it had a nose). I refuse to play on this junk it just forces me to play my acoustic instead.

Anyways, aesthetically it is still in good shape but looks is not what you want in an amp. Function first then aesthetic, in this case, function seems to lack now. I don't blame it though, it has had some rough times of getting dropped and its 5 year strong career has only served me its potential. For now I'll just stick to the good old natural sound of an acoustic


No comments:

Post a Comment