Tuesday, January 27, 2009




The object which I hate at my place is the tap of my basin or sink in my washroom. It looks stylish apparently but I experience some drawbacks in the design.


Due to lack of affordance when for the first time I interacted with this tap, I could not figure out how to open it. I thought it would be twisting the faucet anti- clockwise but it was pulling it up in order to run water. Secondly for hot and cold water the faucet has to turn left or right but it is not marked here. Usually cold water is marked by blue and hot by red but as it is not mentioned it confuses me every time. There is no clear or visible mapping and constraints.



The object which I love is the lamp on my bed-side table. It has a button attached to the code which shows clearly its affordance that it has to be pressed down in other to turn the light on. There is a small dail along with the button which can be twisted left or right for the brightness and dullness of light respectively. The constraints on the dial are clearly visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment