Sunday, January 25, 2009

Exercise Four- Anna


The object that I love is the SILVER Nokia 6500 Classic. I bought this phone from Finland from a Nokia store after falling in love with it ‘at first sight’. It is not found in
North America. I bought it last summer (2008) and I love it more and more everyday.

The affordances of this phone physically are clear. The design is ultra slim and sleek. It has a 2" display, which is really clear and I love viewing photographs on it. It comes in three different colours (black, silver and bronze).
The keypad is the best part. It is very simple and easy to use. Text messaging is made really easy for its user. The 2 megapixel digital camera takes “ok” photographs, but isn’t an issue with me.
The speakers on this phone are incredible. Very loud and clear music can be listened to while I do work, clean or just want to relax and hear good tunes.

Another spectacular thing about this phone is that it has no extra buttons apart from the keypad. Normally Nokia phones have many buttons on top, on the sides and at the bottom. This phone is charged with an USB cable, through the wall OR LAPTOP! Which is an amazing thing for me at school. Power button is the red button, which hangs up calls.

The design is beautiful, classic and very formal looking. I love how it matches my MacBook Pro as well. It is the best phone I have ever had.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Object that I absolutely HATE:

“The Gillette Company introduces Oral-B Pulsar a new toothbrush that revolutionizes manual brushing and delivers a superior cleaning experience. Oral-B Pulsar is a first-of-its-kind toothbrush, featuring breakthrough bristle and brush-head technologies further enhanced by a gentle pulsing action that offers superior cleaning with the comfort and familiarity of using a manual toothbrush.”

- This is what they promise. But honestly, they failed. I bought this ‘new’ toothbrush a couple of weeks ago and hate brushing my teeth every morning when I normally look forward to it.

It doesn’t clean your teeth properly because the “breakthrough” bristles are in my way. I can’t do my circular motion, instead of brushing horizontally back and forth, which is the incorrect way to brush your teeth.

It is way too big and the vibrations that you can turn on don’t do anything. I don’t see how it helps me with getting my teeth cleaner than before.

Normal, soft toothbrushes with normal handles are the way to go.
This toothbrush is useless in its design and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment