Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kyla's Toy Proposal


What is this toy?
This toy is a collection of many magnetic images and shapes that may be used on any magnetic surface to create shapes, patterns, and new images.


Why is this toy fun?
This toy is fun for several reasons. First of all it allows for creativity and imagination and anyone can play! Because the magnets are of not only images but also shapes, this allows for limitless restrictions of creativity. Individuals can combine both images and shapes to create new things and a unique scene of their own. Furthermore, it is easy to understand how to use the toy.  Just be looking at the magnets one may easily understand that it is as easy as changing and rearranging the magnets into something new and unique.  In addition it is a simple toy and does not require a certain amount of time t be used like a board game. The user may pick up and put down the toy as they please.  It can also be a nice decoration for the fridge and you can arrange the magnets around pictures and cut outs. 


Improvements 
To improve this toy I would make sure that much stronger magnets were used. Two of the magnets failed to stick properly to magnetic surfaces and therefore I would need to ensure quality magnets would be used. I would also make sure that the magnets looked much more proffesional. The images would be edited and coloured on the computer. Finally, I would include more images and shapes for the collection.


User comments
"I don't really see you could improve it really...other then use stronger magnets"
"It is very entertaining."
"I could see this on my fridge."
"Hey this is actually really fun."

Final Product
In addition to using better magnets and editing and colouring the images on the computer I would create other themed collections. For my prototype I made a beach theme. However, if I were to create a final product I would have several themed collections people could buy seperately and then combine with the collections they already own. Some possible themes could be outer space, "the office", fashion, video games, popular movies etc.  A unique and fun name for the toy would also need to be established such as "Magnet Magic!" or "Mega Magnets!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment