Saturday, April 4, 2009

Exercise 10: Kyla

Name of Experience: Haircut Simulator

Notes
- The set up really intrigues me
-I love how they make it feel like you are at a hair salon by designating a waiting area with magazines to read
-This experience appeared to make some people nervous. A girl next to me actually said "I am kind of nervous" when asked how she felt while waiting for her turn 
-The experience was really clever as it even tricked me
-When I was told that the experience was a simulation it did not faze me because I thought I wouldn't be getting a real haircut. However, after a while when I started to see what appeared to be my hair cut on the floor and all over my shoulders I started to freak out. I began to believe that it actually was not a simulation after all. Thank god I found that it really was in the end. 

Attraction
See: Curtains, people waiting to get their "hair cut", an area with chairs to sit in and read magazines
Hear: music, people talking from behind the curtains
Touch: magazines, chair
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: intrigued, curious, excited

Entry
See: Two individuals, curtains, salon chair, 
Hear: music
Touch: curtains
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: confusion, curiosity

Engagement
See: two individuals, a computer, lots of salon tools, 
Hear: Hairstylist talking, music, scissors snipping, myself freaking out
Touch: towel, hand on hair, black cover, 
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: relaxed, happy,  >>>>turns into panic, fear 

Exit
See: my picture, camera, curtains, two individuals
Hear: music, individual questioning me
Touch: curtain
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: foolish, happiness, 

Extension
See: my "after" photo emailed to me
Hear: none
Touch: none
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: feeling foolish I fell for the prank

Name of Experience: The Happy Box

Notes
-the idea was interesting
-It is a little confusing what the purpose of the experience is
-It is a pretty short experience but because of what was done during the experience a longer time length would have been innapropriate 
-A lot of people said that they felt "exposed" while in the Happy Box
-The cupcake in the end was a nice touch


Attraction
See: a big box called "The happy Box", a big line to get in, black curtains and garbage bags
Hear: music and sound effects, people talking from within the box
Touch: none
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: curiosity, anxious, nervous, excited

Entry
See: a black empty room
Hear: none
Touch: none
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: anxious, nervous, excited, curious

Engagement
See: peoples eyes through slots, a cupcake
Hear: a countdown, sound effects, music
Touch: a cupcake
Smell: none
Taste: cupcake
Emotional State: nervous, confused, happy

Exit
See: the school entrance, people at tables
Hear: individual questioning me
Touch: none
Smell: none
Taste: cupcake
Emotional State: happiness, confused

Extension
See: my answers to questions about the experience tallied
Hear: none
Touch: none
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: confused




Name of Experience: What the Juke?

Notes
-very entertaining
-really creative in how they presented the idea
-the box they made to put the balls in and see the screen on looked great
-unique idea
-people seemed to really enjoy the experience
-may create a lot of waste with the box they made to have this experience
-the element of surprise was good





Attraction
See: a box with a screen on it, several balls with various symbols on them, curtains
Hear: music, people talking
Touch: none
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: curiosity, intrigued, confused

Entry
See: several balls with various symbols on them, a screen, curtains
Hear: an explanation of what to do
Touch: ball
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: curiosity, confusion

Engagement
See: three individuals come out from behind a curtain
Hear: an individual questioning me, a bell ring
Touch: shook persons hand
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: awkward, confusion

Exit
See: none
Hear: none
Touch: none
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: confused

Extension
See: none
Hear: none
Touch: none
Smell: none
Taste: none
Emotional State: none

No comments:

Post a Comment